PDA

View Full Version : Insurance do-over

ramairglenn
August 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
State Farm changed the policy status of my Cobra and now I am searching for a new insurance company. I don't drive it a lot of miles but would like to have at least 2000 miles per year. So far I have only checked Haggerty's. Any suggestions/information would be appreciated. Thanks

diegokid
August 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
They did the same thing to me, the price doubled.:mad:

Jim Harding
August 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Get a quote from Classic Automobile Ins. 800-397-0765. Not a cheep as some others. My two cars costs me just over 1K per year; agreed value with automatic adjustments for inflation, 3000 mi per year, no deductible, and half a mil liability.

Tony Radford
August 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
I felt like I was getting hosed by Allstate after 20+ years and decided to change last month. I went Travelers for the daily drivers and American Modern Home for the Cobra. My over all policy dropped by 50%. $40K declared value is a bit over $400 / year.

pgermond
August 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
My State Farm is coming due next month..... sounds like I might be looking also. I'll just have to wait & see.

robbinsshkr
August 24th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I have not insured the cobra yet, but I had a 1967 nova insured through Heacock Classic Insurance. I beleive I had the nova valued at $15K, which is much less than your cobra would be, but it may be worth a call???? My annual premium was $115.80 and I have a few speeding tickets under my belt.
They specialize in classic auto insurance, advertizing their rates are "much lower than typical family type auto coverage" They have a lot of information on the internet and can most likely be contacted direct, but here is a number for my local agent in which I went through. Hope it helps,
Eddie

Douglas Bays & Ass
Evansville, IN
812-479-1928

RJacobsen
August 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
My State Farm is coming due next month..... sounds like I might be looking also. I'll just have to wait & see.

Same for me Phil, they recently had me fill out a questionare about the car and needed photos as well. haven't recieved the new policy yet.

dmswann
August 24th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Try Condon & Skelly.........you can find them at www.condonskelly.com.

pgermond
August 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Same for me Phil, they recently had me fill out a questionare about the car and needed photos as well. haven't recieved the new policy yet.

Same here - they have had me do it every three years or so. Damn, I hope I don't have to go hunt for insurance!

JeepSnake
August 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Another vote for Parish-Heacock here. Both Cobras and the Chevelle are insured through them.

pgermond
August 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Another vote for Parish-Heacock here. Both Cobras and the Chevelle are insured through them.

Does anyone have any experience with a claim? Are they responsive?

Slither
August 25th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Don't get me started on insurance companies... :mad:!

cpd427
August 25th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I'm here in NE Ohio and I use Erie Insurance. Agreed upon value of $43k and about $400 annually and 6k miles. Good company that I have been with for about 15 years or so. Chris

pgermond
August 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
State Farm changed the policy status of my Cobra and now I am searching for a new insurance company. I don't drive it a lot of miles but would like to have at least 2000 miles per year. So far I have only checked Haggerty's. Any suggestions/information would be appreciated. Thanks

I received my State Farm renewal in the mail today - $350/yr, $45k replacement value...... and the document states - "... the rated driver of this vehicle will have 44 years driving experience."

Pays to be an old guy :banana:

scott h
August 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
allstate $470 per year, 40k declared value