PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Forge

Road Dawg
August 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Thinking about going to Shades of the Past show in Pigeon Forge.
Is it mostly street rods?
Will I see many Cobras, vettes, and muscle cars from the 60s and 70s?
Is it a good show?
Any information would be much appreciated.

rldunn7
August 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM
You will see everything from junk to $300,000 street rods...and the cobra clan is usually at the Norma Dan....about 10-20 Unique cars!!!!

weaver
August 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
If you plan on coming over for just 1 day, Friday or Sat is best. We take the Cobras on a breakfast run every morning and usually don't get back to Norma Dans till around 10am or later so don't plan to get there too early. We should have around 20 cars this year so plenty to look at and customers to answer questions. Hope to see you there.

Alan

Tony Radford
August 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Road Dawg, when are you thinking of going? I'd be up for an early Friday morning up and and Sunday morning return. I could meet you somewhere along the way.

Tony Radford
August 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
$135/night with a 3 night minimum. Ouch! Any other motels in the area?

Road Dawg
August 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Tony,
Thanks for the offer to meet on the way. I'm not sure I'm going yet. Still thinking about it. I don't have a Cobra and would like to see as many as possible before my first purchase. Also thinking about the kit car show in Carisle in May.

WYT VNM
August 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
$135/night with a 3 night minimum. Ouch! Any other motels in the area?

Me and my brave spouse ain't afraid of no bugs. We have room at the Rodeway just down from the Norma Dan. They still have rooms, not surprised.....

eliminator
August 26th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Dan,

I though you had joined Ralph and disappeared from Cobra functions!!!:(

WYT VNM
September 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Dan,

I though you had joined Ralph and disappeared from Cobra functions!!!:(

Hey Rick;

As you can tell I don't seem to find much time cyber upkeep these days. I haven't dropped out like Ralph S but I miss alot of functions. But, 33k on my car now. How about you? I'll try to pm you next time I'm in KY.