PDA

View Full Version : New owner

289/271
October 12th, 2009, 06:26 PM
As a new owner of a 289FIA, I'd like to say hello. Painted roller (viking blue/red stripe on nose) is due to be delivered around the end of Oct. Southern Automotive 302 and CR top loader, 3.54 rear, Trigo FIA pin drive wheels, Firestone Indy tires. I live near Lady Lake, Fla. about 40 miles NW of Orlando. Will be in Panama City for the big cruise in Nov. 13-15th, and would be happy to meet any other owners. Will be completing the build this fall/winter. Advice welcome.

Slither
October 12th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, 289! You must be the guy John has been talking about. I'm sure you can't wait to get your car.

There are lots of knowledgeable folks here on the forum. When you have a question, do a few topic searches to see if you can find what you are looking for. (There is a huge body of stored how-to knowledge in the archives.) Then if you need more help, ask away... Folks here are always glad to help.

Have fun[thumb]!

Naumoff
October 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the show.

Great car.[thumb]

davebetts
October 14th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Just wanted to say "hello" from New Jersey. You are in for a great experience. I got up this morning (34 degrees out), with my wifes help, put on the rag top and took her to work. Snug as a bug in a rug. Guess you have warm weather where you are - anyway Welcome and have fun, you're getting a dream delivered.

pgermond
October 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the madness :) I think you will find this forum invaluable.