PDA

View Full Version : Wiper motor

cal.cheesehead
January 7th, 2010, 11:30 AM
All my wiring came out fine with the exception of the wiper motor. I have swichable 12v from my switch. From the book I was suppose to hook up the red to the hot and ground the black. The third wire blue was capped. I did check and I have continuity between the blue and black. Any guidance wouild be appreicated. I would have called Allan today but I certain he's in preparation for the game!

pgermond
January 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hmmmm.... mine indicates wire #46 (yellow/white) from the wiper motor to one side of the toggle and wire #32 (yellow) on the other side of the toggle to a 25A fuse. The black wire on the wiper motor is grounded.

Mike Del
January 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
If you would like two speed wipers that have the "auto park" function: You will need to use a Lucas wiper switch. It's definately worth the effort. Kinda makes it like a real car. You won't have to flip the switch five times to get the wipers in their resting place.

The auto function is in the switch. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your car. I enjoy mine.

diegokid
January 10th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Do you have a part number?

Mike Del
January 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
For fully functional wipers use Lucas part number 35927. Wiring instructions are included or not, depends on where you buy it. If you need instructions let me know and I'll rumage through my archives and find them for you.

Naumoff
January 16th, 2010, 07:12 AM
If you would like two speed wipers that have the "auto park" function: You will need to use a Lucas wiper switch. It's definately worth the effort. Kinda makes it like a real car. You won't have to flip the switch five times to get the wipers in their resting place.

The auto function is in the switch. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your car. I enjoy mine.

"And your Unique isn't?" Tony said sarcastically :)

Mike Del
January 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM
The reference is to the switch, not to the car. Note that the emphasis in the quote is your addition and not in the original. I know, you're just being funny! It's just the cabin fever kicking in. I'm already tired of looking at the cover over the Cobra. Maybe I should just get some snow tires for it. :rolleyes:

Naumoff
January 16th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I have mud and snow tires on mine. What are you you waiting for?
I am trying to be funny. Catching incomplete thoughts is a hobby of mine. :D