PDA

View Full Version : Cold

diegokid
January 10th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Got up to start a fire at 0600 this morning. 15 degrees is pretty cold for South MS.

Slither
January 11th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Got up to start a fire at 0600 this morning. 15 degrees is pretty cold for South MS.

No lie, Jim! It was 19 degrees right here at the Gulf of Mexico just before 7am on Friday Mornin' and it is 21 right now:eek:!

So much for global warming:rolleyes:... this is chilly.

eliminator
January 11th, 2010, 07:23 AM
:(Today will be the eleveth day that we have not made it above freezing, hell we havn't been above 27.

This weather sucks, only 4 more months until Homecoming!!!:banana:

ralphscott
January 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I think it is our 8th or 9th day and we are well south of Louisiville. Today whe are hoping for 34 degrees! YeeHah a heat wave!!

RJacobsen
January 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I would like to rub in the fact that we always have warm weather over here, but it's been darn cold here too.

Aggressor
January 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Yo Rod - What do you call darn cold in your neck of the woods. Less than 70 but still above 60 perhaps.

Just bustin on ya a bit.

PA has been in the deep freeze seemingly forever. If you want to do something ugly - try waking up my FE after she's been out of the shop in the cold for 3-4 hours. Without chokes the trick is to pump enough prime fuel to get her running up on the primaries as quick as you can. If I'm closing my shop at 3:00AM it's real ugly. It doesn't tend to leave the neighbors with a warm and endearing feeling toward you.

- Geary

RJacobsen
January 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Geary, Your pretty close on that temp, been getting below the 50 mark here the last couple of days, (I almost had to put a coat on) ;) . We did accually have a couple days below freezing last month, pretty rare for right here. By the way, I grew up in Montana so I know all about that cold weather, don't miss it one bit.

Slither
January 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Went down to 19 degrees again last night... crispy-crunchy grass! Kitchen sink drain froze almost shut:confused:.. ran hot water to open it up and it works again... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

diegokid
January 12th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Went on the boat to align engines this morning, when we came off this afternoon it was 45 degrees, a heat wave!:banana:

cal.cheesehead
January 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Highs only been 72-78 the last week or so in So Cal. Even got a little rain today. I do miss those -25 evenings in Wisconsin!

diegokid
January 15th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Was stationed at Travis AFB. There it would start raining in Oct and wouldn't stop until Apr or May.

Naumoff
January 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Geary,
you need one of those blow up car bag cover and just keep pumping hot air in it. Should do the trick just fine.

Aggressor
January 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Tony - Good idea.
When she's outside I do place a 1500 watt hairdryer underhood to keep the Paxtons warm. I don't want to blowout a seal with a 20 degree fireup.

-Geary

Naumoff
January 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Geary, I am full of ideals. Here's another one. You could keep your Cobra in my garage. I will take good care of her.:)

scott h
January 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
got the house a little too warm with the wood burning stove, had to turn the A/C on!

Naumoff
January 19th, 2010, 03:04 PM
59 today went for a nice little ride.:)

Aggressor
January 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Just returned from a Midnight run.

- As Big Bird once said " I bout froze my gibblets."

It was exhilarating though - Adrenaline pumping - Never gets old

- Geary

diegokid
February 12th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Well global warming has struck with a vengeance again here in south MS. Woke up this morning to very large white fluffy disks falling from the sky and actually covering the ground. I haven't seen it snow here since the 70's when we were supposed to be going through another ice age. Its supposed to snow all day so maybe the grandson and I will get the sand rail out later and act like kids in the snow.

The heelers are trying to figure out whats going on, kinda funny to watch em.:banana:

weaver
February 12th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Its snowing at Unique today, hard to warm up this big buiding.

dmswann
February 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
15 degrees is COLD for South (or North, or East, or West) ANYWHERE!!!!! Snow here in Birmingham today.

diegokid
February 13th, 2010, 06:57 AM
It's Sat morning and we still have snow on the ground. This is the first time I have ever seen the white stuff stick around more than a few hours after stopping here. How much did Gadsden Get?:cool:

JeepSnake
February 13th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Between 5 and 6 inches (depending on where I measured) here at the house. Most of it melted by mid-afternoon.

What's killing us here isn't so much the cold as the freaking rain/snow. Yeah, I know we needed it after the droughts of the last few years, but jeez. The ground has just absorbed all the gravel on my driveway, and it's reverting back to red clay. Oh, and because it's so wet, my buddy's dump truck can't get turned around in our pasture, so we can't put any more gravel on our and Mom & Dad's shared driveway until it dries out some.

I couldn't tell you when I washed our everyday drivers last. There's just no point in it with the driveway in this shape.

diegokid
February 14th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Same here, I had a dumptruck load of gravel delivered four weeks ago. Its rained every weekend since and haven't been able to put on the driveway. There is a little mud but not real bad yet.

When the wife gets her new car out the first thing she does in town is hit the car wash to hose it down and upon returning home she does the same with the water hose before putting it in the shop. Funny thing is there isn't enough on the panels to even see! ;)

cal.cheesehead
February 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Too warm to work in the garage yesterday so we pulled the Cobra out and contnued on the carpet. Almost complete. After spending my first 31 years in Wisconsin I can understand the cabin fever everyone gets this time of year. A couple photos that include some green grass.2138

traveler
February 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Nice reading all the emails about all the colder weather . It was 102 today in beautiful down town Jakarta . Can't wait to get home to see some snow . Probably all gone by the time I get home though .

diegokid
February 16th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I was there many years ago, do you really like it there?

pgermond
February 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Too warm to work in the garage yesterday so we pulled the Cobra out and contnued on the carpet. Almost complete. After spending my first 31 years in Wisconsin I can understand the cabin fever everyone gets this time of year. A couple photos that include some green grass.2138

Cheesehead - your car is coming along nicely. Looks great [thumb]

traveler
February 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Diegokid ,

Jakarta is ok . I have been going there for the past 5 years for work .It would be much better if it didnt take so long to get there .I spend about 34 hrs traveliing each way .

When it is cold here it is very hot there and when it is warm here it is raining everyday there so i keep a cold all the time .

How long were you there ?

diegokid
February 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I've been several times but never lived there. Uncle Sam used to send us there for several weeks to a few months at a time. Last time there was just after Desert Storm. May have changed since then but there are several countries in Africa that never did change.