PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Install

cwareham
January 25th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi folks-

I've got a note in to Unique, but I thought I'd ask here also. I've done a search, but there are a few threads that don't exist any more.

The section on carpet in the online manual has some formatting problems and doesn’t display properly. If anyone has the right layout, please let me know

One specific question I have about the floor carpet on the drivers and passengers side....does the carpet go over the cowl brace floor mount or under it? The bound carpet is shaped such that it looks like it should go under it, but that seems wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

weaver
January 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Chris I sent you a email

cwareham
January 26th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Thank you sir!

Best,
c

cal.cheesehead
January 26th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I just installed my trans tunnel carpet this weekend. I think it's pretty self explanitory but if you don't mind I would also like a copy. Thanks

pgermond
January 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but the carpet installation was the most frustrating part of the build. If you do it right (especially the bulk head), there is no better feeling when it is done and it is done right.

Good luck :)

cal.cheesehead
January 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Phil, the wife and I spent a lot of time measuring and trimming the carpet for the trans tunnel. It came out beautiful. I'm making a template fot the bulkhead. IO agree this can make it or break it.

diegokid
January 29th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Any pictures of the final decision?

cwareham
April 26th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Hi fellas-

Does anyone have a pic of how they positioned their rocker panel pieces? I'm trying to decide where the edge fits against the door sill...

Also, on the trapezoidal pieces that fit over the trapezoids on the cowl brace, the boards that are bonded to the carpet pieces are an inch or so larger than the opening in the cowl brace. Do the boards need to be trimmed to fit before the carpet is glued in?

One last thing in terms of order: it looks like the floor needs to be snipped and placed under the trapezoidal piece, and the rocker needs to go on before the floor carpet. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Best,
chris

weaver
April 27th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Install the rocker carpet with the bound edge as close to the body edge as you can get it. Install the rocker pieces then the floor carpet then the cowl brace covers, you do need to trim the cowl board to fit. I would send pics but I can't load them.

cwareham
April 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Awesome, that's what I needed, pics not necessary. Thanks Alan!

Best,
Chris

cwareham
April 28th, 2010, 08:38 PM
One more question before I start gluing down the rockers. The pointy end is kind of awkward where it lays naturally if the bounded edge lines up with the bottom of the door sill. It ALMOST looks like the pointy end of the rocker piece is supposed to fit snugly in between the door sill and the brace that the door striker attaches to. However, I've got carpet completely covering that brace, and the pointy end of the rocker piece doesn't fit in there (I'm not sure it would fit without the carpet covering that brace.)

Any guidance?

Thanks,
Chris