PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch

Tony Radford
April 8th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Does anyone have a part number for the ignition switch used in these cars? Mine is a circa 1998 427SC. Hopefully a number that any local auto parts house can source.

weaver
April 8th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Just ask for a universal ign switch, they are all pretty much the same.

RJacobsen
April 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Tony, If all else fails I think I have the original switch for my car that was not used. (found in a box of spare parts) the only markings on it are "made in usa"

Tony Radford
April 9th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Rod, that's funny. The only markings on my switch are "made in Mexico". I think I'm going to run down to Summit today to pick up a new magnetic pickup for my distributor along with a new ignition switch from Painless. It's only $18. Thanks for the offer. Probably good idea for you to have a spare.

weaver
April 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM
It was an old switch if it was made in the USA.

Tony Radford
April 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I drove down to Summit today and picked up a new ignition switch and magnetic pickup for my distributor. After pulling the cap and rotor, I pussed out when I saw I had to remove more hardware inside to expose the pick up. Guess I'll end up taking it down to Lyle to install.

mkassab
April 27th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I was thinking about eliminating the 'key' ignition switch and going with a toggle switch and push button starter. Any issues/comments on this set up? For security, I'd have a battery cutoff, maybe a wireless remote option. Thanks Mark

pgermond
April 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I was thinking about eliminating the 'key' ignition switch and going with a toggle switch and push button starter. Any issues/comments on this set up? For security, I'd have a battery cutoff, maybe a wireless remote option. Thanks Mark

This topic was discussed a few years back - http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6721&highlight=push+button+starter

If you do a search you may find more info.