PDA

View Full Version : Gas cap question

TurnpikeBoy
May 24th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I don't think I'm the only one with this dilemma. The lovely roller cap has a vent - which allows fuel to coat the fender each time I take a hard left turn. Worse when the tank is full, it still manages to weep some out no matter the level on those hard lefties.

I've got a squash ball that I use when auto-crossing, but that hardly seems proper when just cruising. Has anybody come up with a small check valve that can be set into the vent? - or some other method of controlling the fuel leakage? This is bugging me as it strips the wax off with each ride, and I'm not too sure the paint will tolerate it for a whole lot more.

-Roger

davebetts
May 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I use a racket ball. This also works well at a car show, when some little boy or girl pops the cap open. The ball shocks them, as they don't expect that to be there. Gives me a couple seconds more to get over there, before they can think of dropping something in. Always have to be watching at a show or cruise. How about when people bring their animals (I seen dogs and cats)?

rldunn7
May 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
just use the racket ball all the time....I have given away more than one and you will also!!!!