PDA

View Full Version : Jerrod Weaver

dmswann
June 3rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
Just a heads up to all the "extended" Weaver family. Jerrod Weaver (Maurice & Kim) was struck in the face by a line drive during a softball game last night. He was taken to Brookwood Medical Center (Birmingham, AL) with a fractured skull and must have some surgery to remove bone framents from his sinus cavity.

Please keep Jerrod and whole family in your prayers!

RonJ
June 3rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
Done....Hope all goes well.

eliminator
June 3rd, 2010, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the news, will call Maurice this AM, hope all goes well for Jerrod.

weaver
June 3rd, 2010, 06:57 AM
I just got off a plane in phoenix when Maurice called with the news, we should know more this morning.

Alan

mkassab
June 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Alan, keep us posted so we're not all trying to get to Maurice. One good thing..... kids are tough. I remember what my kids went through. Our thoughts are with them all.

Mark

ralphscott
June 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
I will put Jerrod on our prayer list at church.

Ralph

diegokid
June 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Will put him on the prayer list.

PhillipM
June 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
We will also put Jerrod on our pray list.

dmswann
June 4th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Update: I spoke with Maurice this morning and Jerrod is at home. He rested pretty well last night and is not on any perscription pain medicine (young & tough). He is scheduled to meet with a neurosurgeon on Monday to schedule the needed surgery after the swelling goes down. Maurice sounded up-beat and apparently Kim feels much better also.

I got an e-mail from Megan and she said she would post his "mug shot" soon as she gets back from Arizona.

Keep em all in your prayers!

beast
June 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Good News! Thanks for the update Dennis. Jerrod and family in our prayers. Gary

Slither
June 4th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hoping for the best. Sorry to hear of the accident. Prayers for a quick recovery headed your way...

dmswann
June 8th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Jerrod saw a neurosurgeon at Brookwood Medical Center yesterday and is scheduled for surgery at 11:00 am this Wednesday. His injuries are worse than initially thought and he has a fractured shull in the area of his sinus cavity and a crack in the rear of his skull. His surgery will include insertion of a metal plate in front to prevent future indention of his skull. I know this sounds terrible (and I even left out some details), but Kim was upbeat, Maurice seems steady and Jerrod is in good spirits (as always).
Please keep the whole family in your prayers and say a special one on Wednesday for success of the surgery and a speedy recovery!!!!!

weaver
June 9th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Jerrod is out of surgery and doing well, his sinus wasn't as bad as they originally thought, just had to clean them out. They removed about 50 bone fragments and used some type of mesh to fill the dent in his forehead. He will stay the night in B'ham and hopefully be able to come home tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

Alan

dmswann
June 9th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Remind Megan to post that "MUG SHOT" on the forum! Glad to hear he is doing OK and the prayers will continue for a speedy and "FULL" recovery. Maybe it will have the same benefit as a cosmetic "nose job" and he can find a girl friend now!

weaver
June 9th, 2010, 10:41 AM
It can't hurt.

Alan

Master
June 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Man that is terrible, reminds me when I was playing 2nd base 13 yrs old, had a guy in a pickle between 2nd and third looked around the runner and caught it in the eye. Told the girls it was from a fight. Had a good month of attention. :D

JerryRowley
June 9th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Maurice and Kim. Very sorry to hear the news. Jerod is on my prayer list and we pray all goes well as we know he's in God's hands.

davebetts
June 10th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Sandy and I give our best to you guys.
Heres wishing him a speedy recovery.

Silk
June 10th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Jerod, Maurice and Kim. And so glad to hear the prognosis is positive.

weaver
June 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Jerrod was released from the hospital this morning and is on his way back to Gadsden. He just about wore the button out on his morphine pump but seems to feel better today. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Alan

Slither
June 10th, 2010, 05:32 PM
That is great news[thumb]!

juanone
June 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Maurice,

With 4 kids and having gone through similar situations with mine as you have with Jerrod I feel the pain. Thank heavens for good surgeons and wishing for a speedy recovery. You are never ready when something like this happens.

Get better Jerrod.

Aggressor
June 10th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Wishing all the best for Jerrod and your families.

-Geary & Sharon Sarno

RJacobsen
June 11th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Looks like Jerrod is on a lot of prayer lists right now. but I thought that one more wouldnt hurt. and figured I would share it with everyone.

Father God we come before you and pray for your healing touch for Jerrod and ask that you would make his recovery quick and trouble free. We ask Father God that you would comfort Jerrod and the Weaver family’s as they go through this difficult time. We don’t always know why you allow these things to happen but we know that if we trust in you and your Son that you will guide us through this life on earth and the trials and pains that come with it. We thank you Father God for the skilled doctors that have helped and for the concerned friends that are praying as well. Thank you Father God for Jerrod and for his full recovery, in the name of our Lord Jesus we pray, Amen

weaver
June 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks Rod

dmswann
June 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Amen!!!!!!

pgermond
June 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Amen again. Have been out of the loop (Oregon Coast). Sad to read this thread - Happy to hear things are improving.

Mike Del
June 13th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Jerrod,

May you make a fast and pain free recovery. We all enjoy your friendly smile buddy.

Get Well Soon!!

rldunn7
June 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
dont do the forum that often and just read about the boy catching the softball with his face...what else do you expect from we Auburn folks....Boy get well and you ain't going to be as pretty as you used to be, but we all will still love you and your family...Richard and Linda Dunn

Jerry Cowing
June 15th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Maurice,

Just opened up the forum and saw the bad news. Glad to hear everything came out OK. You always feel so helpless when one of your kids accidently gets hurt.

Ric S.
June 16th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Alan,

Would you update us please on Jerrod since he has been home.

Thanks.

jweave
June 21st, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the past couple of weeks. I am actually back at work now and feeling great. The surgery went well and should make a full recovery. I actually look the same, so there is still hope that i one day will get married! Again, the family and I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!! This truly is one big FAMILY!

Jerrod

mkassab
June 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Good for you.!!

weaver
June 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Now go to work, you probably have a back load after 2 weeks away.

Uncle Alan

Slither
June 21st, 2010, 01:13 PM
Great news Jerrod[thumb]! Glad you're back in action... and be more careful next time;).

Silk
June 22nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Jerrod,

So very glad to hear that news!!!!!

olblu66
June 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Makes you stop and think what whats important.. Glad youre ok.