PDA

View Full Version : Side pipe mount bushings

cpd427
June 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Forum member, I'm hoping you can help. I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. My 1986 Unique uses square rubber bushings where the pipes attach to the frame. I am planning on applying gasket material to the inteface between the pipes and the headers anyway and thought it would be a good idea to change out these bushings at that time. My question is where can I get the proper bushings for my Unique? Thanks, Chris

mkassab
June 21st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Might want to read thru this thread... lot's of opinions.... all good ones.
http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8209

cpd427
June 22nd, 2010, 04:30 AM
mkassab, looks as if I didn't search very well. Thanks for the response. I'll pore over this and hopefully find my answer. Chris

arrowdriver
June 25th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I was wondering what kinds of protective covers have any of you used on your side pipes to help prevent passengers or "lookers" burning their legs on hot side pipes? I even had one little guy of about 3 step on them with his bare feet before I could stop him.

sllib
June 26th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Arrowdriver;
I bought a "Black Velvet" welding blanket from Summit. I plan to cut it to mount under the seats on both sides and roll out to cover the pipes when entering or exiting the car. It matches the carpet perfectly and rolls up and stores in the fold next to the seat. It won't cover the bend where the pipes exit the body but anyone who touches that deserves to get bitten!
Bill

mkassab
June 26th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Arrowdriver;
I bought a "Black Velvet" welding blanket from Summit. I plan to cut it to mount under the seats on both sides and roll out to cover the pipes when entering or exiting the car. It matches the carpet perfectly and rolls up and stores in the fold next to the seat. It won't cover the bend where the pipes exit the body but anyone who touches that deserves to get bitten!
Bill

Bill, good idea on the welding blanket.... please take a picture of them and post for all to see. did you have the cut and stitched up? How did you mouny them? I've also seen some Cobra's with leather.
Mark