PDA

View Full Version : Aloha!

marco246
September 20th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Aloha, Everyone,

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and have just acquired and "imported" Unique # 9125, a 289/FIA, from Arizona. I'm busy sorting out some electrical issues with Maurice's help and consequently have not driven the car as much as I'd like. This is my first Cobra and I've much to learn. I look forward to tapping into the knowledge base represented by this forum and in time to being able to make my own modest contributions.

Cheers!
Mark

bstandley1
September 21st, 2010, 01:17 AM
Mark,

Welcome to the forum.I think you'll find many knowledgeable and helpful members willing to help you out if the need arises.

Bob

Glenview289
September 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the forum Mark. My son, Brian and I have chassis #9122, which was probably built along side of yours. Will be glad help with any questions on these "older" cars. They still run strong though!

Bill

Aggressor
September 21st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Mark

Search this forum and you'll find a wealth of good info. Post any residual questions and you should get your answers.

You'll find that once sorted out, a unique car is a very durable product. If not beaten excessively and driven with some respect your car will become a long-haul member of the family. My car has been on the road for 9 years and 20,000+ miles. I like the fact that it's getting worn-in and is developing a bit of a pateena like that of any classic British sports car.

-Geary

Naumoff
September 21st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Welcome Steve.
Geary that pateena is from pushing it out in the snow to work in your shop in the winter.:D

Slither
September 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM
Welcome Steve.
Geary that pateena is from pushing it out in the snow to work in your shop in the winter.:D

Oh yah! Patina is what I'm after from the outset:cool:[thumb]... but no snow!