PDA

View Full Version : Rod's FIA (aka Flintstone Cobra)

pgermond
November 14th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I was over at Rod's this afternoon for an event, and I must say - what an amazing transformation his car has gone through. As you know if you have followed his progress with the Flintstone Cobra, he is a true craftsman. Great car Rod [thumb]

As the saying goes - Now drive it like you stole it!!!

RJacobsen
November 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks Phil, that was so much fun I want to do it again.
The event that Phil refered to was the official "Start your engine day" hosted by my lovely wife. We had about 30 friends, neighbors, and family over for the first startup of our Cobra engine that came out of the 65 mustang that I owned when my wife and I first started dating. The engine started instantly and sounded awesome.
After you left Phil we made a couple trips around the block to let the rest of the neighborhood know what was going on.

pgermond
November 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Rod,

I didn't want to steal your thunder, so I purposely left the posted pretty ambiguous. If I were you I would create a separate topic re: start-up and maybe include a YouTube link - I saw lots of video cameras at your "event". That would be cool!

Again, congrats..... one heck of a job.

weaver
November 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Pics or video would be nice.

RJacobsen
November 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I'll put together a thread as soon as I get my hands on the videos and photos. I left the photography up to others as I was getting things going.