PDA

View Full Version : Part 22 – Start Your Engine Day

RJacobsen
December 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM
With the car almost done my wife had the great idea to have a “Start your Engine Party”. If you have followed along from the beginning you know that the engine in this car came from a 65 Mustang that I had when I first started dating my wife some 35 years ago. The engine was pulled from that car and put in storage about 29 years ago, so the restart had a special meaning to us and the party made it fun for everyone. We invited a bunch of close friends and family and about 30 people showed up for the event. Here are a few photos from the day and a link to a You Tube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_XLJn4McU

Aggressor
December 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Rod - What an excellent idea. The party was a brilliant stroke.
Good party, friends, a proper blessing and a dance to boot.
Then add it all with an engine having deep family history.
Very cool.

-Geary

KrAzEcJ
December 7th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Congratulations Rod! Great video and story about the motor.

mkassab
December 7th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Good show.... thanks for sharing.
Mark :BEER:

weaver
December 7th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Your hard work paid off, good job!

Glenview289
December 7th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Congratulations Rod! After what can only be considered the 'Mother' of all rebuilds, that car is certainly worthy of that special engine. It has been a long road, with very good and educational reading during the process. I think many of us enjoyed the build a much as you. Drive the heck out of it an enjoy. Again, congratulations on a great job!

Bill

eliminator
December 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Good sounding side pipes....[thumb]

Car looks great, now enjoy!!!

Silk
December 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Rod,

Congratulations!!! I’ve watched your hard work and progress over the years with interest, and it’s really nice to see the car come out as nicely as it has. I hope you spend many enjoyable hours behind the wheel – you’ve sure earned it. [thumb]

pgermond
December 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
[thumb][thumb][thumb] Great job Rod - thanks for inviting me for the big event. The car looks and sounds great. A lot of heart and soul went into that restoration. Now lets pray for clear skies on the 19th for our Nor Cal Cobra Toy Run :D

Slither
December 13th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Nice work, Rod. I agree, Debbie had a great idea for the party! Looks like it all turned out very well[thumb].

You need to tell us about the first drive, and post some video of that...

jmillington
December 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Rod, it was nice to meet you and Debbie this morning at the NorCal Xmas Cobra Breakfast and Toy Run.
Can't wait to see your Cobra; congratulations!

Jim M