PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wipers

diegokid
January 31st, 2011, 05:45 AM
What is needed to make the windshield wipers self parking?

spd4me
January 31st, 2011, 07:06 AM
Good timing when you flip the off switch.

RJacobsen
January 31st, 2011, 08:22 AM
You need to get the Lucas switch, and a wiring diagram to wire it properly to the wiper motor. The motor you have probably has 5 terminals on it, they are, ground, hot, low, high, and park. Took me a little time to understand how it works but not to bad, when your done you have two speeds and park.

mkassab
February 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
As far as I could tell, my wiper motor had two wires.... Red/Black..... Maybe the newer wiper moter doesn't have the low/hi/park? Sure does't matter to me as I have no intention to ever use it..... notice the word intention. :confused:

Mark

weaver
February 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
We switched wiper setups a few years back, the new assembly is an street rod aftermarket item unlike the old MGB setup.

RJacobsen
February 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
As far as I could tell, my wiper motor had two wires.... Red/Black..... Maybe the newer wiper moter doesn't have the low/hi/park? Sure does't matter to me as I have no intention to ever use it..... notice the word intention. :confused:

Mark

I didn't think I would ever use mine either, but on my trip to Euro Sunday we got into a foggy area and soon had a fine mist on the windshield, probably could have gotten by but "just like a real car" I turned on the wipers and took care of the problem :)

diegokid
February 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I believe mine has the five terminals. I will look today. So I need a switch for multiple speeds like the blower motor? I made the shutoff slide for the wifes footbox and rolled a piece of alumn. pipe for the output to the dash a while back.

We are all sick here, I haven't missed work for sickness in years until this week. Wife's getting it now. I don't envy her this stuff was terrible.:mad:

Slither
February 5th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling :( bad, Jim. Hope you get well soon[thumb]!