PDA

View Full Version : You Folks OK?

Silk
April 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Alan, Maurice, Jean et al -

You guys ok? The reports coming in this morning sounded like your whole area was very hard hit yesterday. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Gary

ralphscott
April 28th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Ditto Silk! Alan, Maurice, and Jean On the Weather Channel ooks like the worst passed to the south. Hope that is the case and your families fared well.
God Bless

Ralph and Gayle

KrAzEcJ
April 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I was talked to Mama Jean this morning and she told me everyone was ok.

pgermond
April 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Just got back to civilization and was wondering the same thing. Happy to hear Gadsden is okay, but my God..... everywhere else looks to be a disaster :(

Slither
April 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yah Phil, I know what those folks are going through:(! It is very unfortunate.

I called Maurice about 10 minutes after the storm went through/south of Gadsden. He was on his way to the shop to check out an alarm on the security system, and then on to his parents house to check on them.

He indicated that all were fine. Glad to have heard that[thumb]!

diegokid
April 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Worst of all is the toll just keeps rising, up to 337 this morning.

weaver
May 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
We are all OK, I was out of town and this is the first time I have checked the forum. There is damage all around us but all we had was wind and debris from Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Thanks for checking on us.

arrowdriver
May 2nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
I sure do feel sorry for all those who lost family and property in these storms. This really puts into perspective things when we grouch up here in Calgary about the unusually cold weather we have suffered with this past winter and spring. It still is well below normal right across the country. I read yesterday that it is this global cooling that generates the bigger storms since it creates a greater differential in temperatures of air masses. The same thing happened in the 70's when we last had global cooling and the US suffered with record numbers of tornados. Pray for global warming.