PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Poll~ 6'3 drivers of Unique Cars

ktg1960
May 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If anybody is 6'3 with a 34" inseam let me know if you can fit in the drivers seat of the Unique shelby cobras S/C Model & have enough room to shift and are comfortable Preferably Cars 2008 & above

I'd like to buy 1 but can't find any near my house.

Thanks All!
Keith in Alabama

Aggressor
May 14th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Call Unique - (256)546-3708
They have quite a few taller customers. I understand that Bob Evans was over 7 feet.
Unique can tell you how they fit in their cars and what modifications were made.
-Geary

dmswann
May 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Height is not the only measure applicable to customer fit in any Cobra. I am 6'2, 210 pounds and am quite comfortable in my UNIQUE FIA car. With a notched dash, dropped floor board and new extended foot boxes, I would think you should fit fine. I know several owners who are taller than I, and I have heard no complaints.

Slither
May 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
They extended the footboxes on the production cars, both 289 and 427, in the fall of 2009, with the first one going out of the factory in January of 2010... I was told. (I believe I have that first one:D) I've sat in both versions, and there is a noticeable difference.

Give them a call... they'll hook you up. They are incredible fabricators[thumb], and can surely accomodate your specific needs.

G-MAN
July 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm 6' 3" & weigh 280 lbs. I've owned a Unique Motorcars S/C Cobra for 17 yrs. that the Weavers custom built to fit me and have driven it long and hard!! I've had no problems with the fit or durability of the car. The Weavers build great cars which they stand behind.

pgermond
July 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Keith,

When I was building my car the joke among my friends was, "You can't fit in that, so who are going to give it to?" I'm 6'3, 240/lbs and I've been driving it for well over 8-years. You just have to learn how to slide in. ;)