PDA

View Full Version : Boys Having Fun

dmswann
June 6th, 2011, 05:08 AM
The Legends of Motorsports event was held at Barber Motorsports Park the weekend of May 20, 2011. Alan and Jerrod met me at the Car Corral on Saturday and we got the opportunity to drive 4-laps on the track lead by Bobby Rayhal. It wasn't racing.....but it was still fun!!!!!

Most pictures are me.....it was my friend taking the pictures.

weaver
June 6th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I would love to see SAAC come to Barber, probably the nicest road course in America!

eliminator
June 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Sounds good to me Alan. I agree that would be a great place.:banana:

Slither
June 7th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Alan and Jerrod met me at the Car Corral on Saturday and we got the opportunity to drive 4-laps on the track lead by Bobby Rayhal.

Is that the three of you lined up in the first photo? Looks like FUN[thumb]!

dmswann
June 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
No.....the 1st Cobra was a wanna be "UNIQUE" and just happened to pull out in front of us and we were told not to pass. UNIQUE #98 was driven by Jerrod Weaver and backseat driven by Alan Weaver. I was 3rd in line. The Viper kept a close eye on his rear view mirrow expecting to be swallowed at any minute.

Jerry Cowing
June 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Dennis,

Looks like you were really driving fast and went through a time warp to have raced on 20 Jun 2011 when it's only 11 Jun 2011 today. At those speeds, you should have probably worn a helmit. Looks like you had a good time.

dmswann
June 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I guess my "sometimes" was acting up the day I posted. The Legends event was the May 20th weekend, but I did not get the pictures until early June. I sometimes feel like I'm a month behind.....but this is the 1st time I was a month ahead. OH well, we did have fun!