PDA

View Full Version : Kit Car Builder magazine.... "my build" article

mkassab
August 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I’ve had several friends suggest I add this article to my Cobra build site. I was so honored and fortunate to have this happen to me.

I came home from a European vacation mid-June 2011 and in the pile of mail was my August 2011 issue of Kit Car Builder magazine. On the cover, I see “563-HP Cobra Roadster”. I thought "that's what my Cobra 427 engine makes that Brent built for me"? Sure enough, my Cobra 427 S/C build was a four page feature article in the magazine with a center fold two page photo! This was a TOTAL surprise to me. Jim Youngs, Kit Car Builder editor, and I have communicated between Aug 2010 and this past Jan 2011. He asked for info and said he'd try to get it in the magazine.... but I haven't heard from him since Jan and he didn't let me know it was a "done deal". What a welcome home!

Mark

PS: now, go buy a copy! ;-)

Aggressor
August 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mark
It looks like a real nice article on your baby. Your car has a striking presence so I figured it would really look terrific in print. The question now is: How many copies of the magazine have you bought so far in addition to your subscription? You'll need a few for friends, family, neighbors, Unique Forum guys, etc,etc.

We're all happy for you

-Geary

Slither
August 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Definitely sweet success[thumb]! Way to go:D... nice job on the photos.

mkassab
August 25th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mark
It looks like a real nice article on your baby. Your car has a striking presence so I figured it would really look terrific in print. The question now is: How many copies of the magazine have you bought so far in addition to your subscription? You'll need a few for friends, family, neighbors, Unique Forum guys, etc,etc.

We're all happy for you

-Geary

Geary.... I didn't "buy" any extra copies.... but I did call Jim Youngs, editor, and he sent me 12 copies "on the house". :D

Mark