PDA

View Full Version : MSD Box Buzzing

davids2toys
September 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
On return trip from Vintage weekend at limerock Raceway I notice a buzzing noise that got pretty loud. I almost the thought it was the heater blower malfunctioning! I traced it down to the MSD box with a mechanics stethoscope. I called MSD and they said there was no moving parts and this was normal. I have owned this car for five years and this is first time i have had this issue
Any ideas? I don't want to get stranded.
Thanks... Dave

ljmachguru
September 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If its a 6al, I have one that the back cover is off of and there is nothin inside but what looks like a small capacitor and a printed board with some small chips,etc. Not a electronic guy but not much in it to buzz. Just my .02

davids2toys
September 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
If you Google MSD forums, there are all kinds of people with similar problems. They are offering to replace the transformers, they claim it is the fins vibrating???
My problem is that it gets louder and louder the longer the car is operated and it just started after 5 years of quiet. Since my MSD box is inside the car, it is extra noisy and aggravating! I am also worried about getting stranded