PDA

View Full Version : The car being raffled off in Ohio

olblu66
June 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM
This is made by Unique Motorcars

weaver
June 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM
If you haven't bought tickets for this years raffle car please do it now, this is for a great cause and they really need to sell more tickets. Go to www.londoncobrashow.com to purchase tickets.

pgermond
June 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Guess the wife will have to park her car outside [thumb]

Slither
June 16th, 2012, 11:36 PM
:confused:

I see two different dates for the closing of online ticket sales... the website says Sunday, June 17th at midnight, and the official rules say Wednesday, June 13th at midnight.

Anyone in the know that can clear this up?

weaver
June 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good question! I know they sell tickets right up till the drawing.

Slither
June 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
They kept it open through Sunday night[thumb]... good thing, since I bought the WINNING ticket just before it closed:D!

dmswann
June 19th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Good deal! As long as you have been hanging around, talking Cobras and with your knowledge level.....you really need a car. Good luck on the final draw!

Slither
June 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
....you really need a car.

You mean, "you really need another car" to keep mine company[thumb]. And I can go with that Dennis.

Well... at least then I'd have one that was drivable;)!

pgermond
June 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
They kept it open through Sunday night[thumb]... good thing, since I bought the WINNING ticket just before it closed:D!

You obviously didn't read post #3 :D

Slither
June 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Guess the wife will have to park her car outside [thumb]

OK, so your wife is parking outside now... was she bad or something:D?

Jim Harding
June 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM
You obviously didn't read post #3 :D
Ya know Phil, that's exactly what my wife did when I brought my Unique LCS car in 07. Took a few months to clear out a bay in my garage. Hope you're lucky enough to see if your bride will be as accepting as mine LOL

Oh, that is if "lightning doesn't strike twice" !!!!

pgermond
June 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Jim,

Thanks. You know what they say - "You pay your money and take your chances." I'm keeping my fingers X'd. ;)

Slither
June 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Oh, that is if "lightning doesn't strike twice" !!!!

Nope, it doesn't Jim, so no need for you to worry about making space;).

You still a two Cobra family?

Jim Harding
June 22nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Yes Paul, still two Uniques in the garage, and we added another 'replica' to the family a couple years ago. The wife wanted something "sporty" so we started a short list. She gets a call from our local Ford dealer (old friends) who says they took in a nice Mustang in her favorite color (red) and to take a look at it. So we pick him up at the dealership and head to his used car lot. There stands this 2010 Shelby GT500!!!! I said something like holy @&$/? YES! He says don't get too excited... One of his return customers bought this car that started life as a Mustang GT and turned it into a Shelby GT500. This guy did all the body panels, trim, wheels, tires, and everything but the monster motor. He then puts 3200 miles on it and trades it in for a '11 to do another remake. I picked it up for the price of a used Mustang GT.... The guy had to loose money on this, but I look at it as another stroke of luck.
I really hope that another Unique owner wins this years LCS car. Or at least another cobra owner. I've heard stories of "average joes" winning the car and unloading it for whatever they could get. I've got my 5 tickets.... let the fun begin!!

saengine
June 24th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Why no posts here or on Club Cobra about this weekend's events and who won that beautiful car the Weavers built?

pgermond
June 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
This video announces the winner - my wife will be pleased to know she can continue to park her car in the garage.

http://www.londoncobrashow.com/

Jim Harding
June 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Geeze, very short and info-lacking video. I wonder who Mr. Smith is? Maybe someone who was present can supply more info..... What do they say; inquiring minds need to know!

Slither
June 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Lucky guy, that George E. Smith[thumb]!!!

weaver
June 25th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Maurice said the winning ticket was an internet buyer, no one knew who he was.