PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering for Unique 427SC

Cobrajon
June 14th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I don't believe in it. My Cobra doesn't need p/s, but I have a guy interested in buying my car and he takes it for a spin and then tells me he likes everything about it but it needs p/s.
My wife drives the car and has no problem what so ever handling it.
I believe the car would be squirrelly at speed.
I even got Maurice to swap the 13" wheel that came with the project to a 15" s/w months ago and that really helped.
Anybody added this or know of the parts that would make this conformable in a big block Ford Unique Cobra?

dmswann
June 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Just install one of those knobs like truckers use on big rigs and see if he can turn the steering wheel any easier!

weaver
June 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM
You selling your car?

pgermond
June 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Power steering?!? Tell him to buy a GT Mustang.

Cobrajon
June 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks Dennis, Alan, & Phil for your replies, and the confirmation of my own feelings about this.
Alan I didn't have the car up for sale. This person rode in the NAF Cobra I refurbished 2 years ago and had to have one. The owner of that Cobra told him about my build and he got in touch with me. Pulled up in a late model retro T- Bird this Wed. Seemed gung-hoo. So if he hits the number it's his....maybe, still having second thoughts.

weaver
June 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
You can build another!!!!

davebetts
June 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
What power steering? Pump the front wheels up, higher pressure = easier steering.