PDA

View Full Version : Cobras at Laguna Seca

RJacobsen
September 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM
this one is fun to watch. all cars are the real deal http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=IDPfmA4RNd0&feature=endscreen

Jim Harding
September 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks Rod, nice video. [thumb] Did anyone else watch the Speed Channel tonight that covered the cobra's 50th anniversary race at Laguna seca? Nice half hour show with some racing and cars on display

spd4me
September 20th, 2012, 06:43 AM
That was a great show. What was the gold cobra with the square 4 point roll bar? Correct me if I'm wrong but when they were standing over the 289FIA car they said this was the only car that won a championship? I know the Daytona Coupe was the only American car to win a FIA World Championship. Interesting fact I never knew was Shelby is only person to be a winning driver, winning owner, and winning manufacturer at LeMans.

RJacobsen
September 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
That was a great show. What was the gold cobra with the square 4 point roll bar? .

Didn't see the show yet, but the only car I saw that matches that description was one of Lynn Park's cars, Lynn owns and was racing the #16 FIA car plus at least 4 other cars in the group that day. I guess he had all his buddys driving the rest of them. Looked like they were having a blast :D