PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Homecoming

weaver
February 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
This years Unique Motorcars Homecoming will be May 10th and 11th, we are sending out info packages today so if you don't recieve one and plan to come call us and we wil get it to you asap. We have always said 20 is the magic number so I'm sorry to say this will be the last Unique Homecoming, we would like for this years event to be huge. If you need more info before your packet arrives call or email me.

Thanks Alan

Mike Del
February 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
If at all possible....I'll be there! But you probably already knew that.

dmswann
February 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Even IF this is that last "officially sponsored" UNIQUE Homecoming, there is no reason a bunch of us cannot gather in Gadsden the same weekend for years to come. The cars are what brought us together originally, and they are still a common thread, but it's more about the friendship and fellowship when all is said and done!

JeepSnake
February 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Dennis, another notion would be to have a "roaming" event each year. Maurice & I bounced the idea around some the other day on the phone. An example would be say:

Year 1: meet at Guntersville State Park
Year 2: Cheaha State Park
Year 3: Joe Wheeler State Park
Year 4: back to Guntersville
etc.

Something that would keep north Alabama as the general area, but allow for different cruises, dining, shopping, etc. The state parks would have convenient hotel & camping. Or, the Robert Trent Jones / RSA locations could be an alternative.

dmswann
February 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hey.....I like the roaming idea. Alabama does have some very nice state parks. We need to add Lynchburg, TN and the Jack Daniel's Distillery. Jeff Ray at Barber Motorsport Park also said some track time could be arranged if we ever wanted to go back there. There is a Hampton Inn a mile from the park.

Thanks ZACK.....Great Idea!

Aggressor
February 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm working on Sharon now to convince her that riding with me to Homecoming would be a really groovy thing to do. She does make a case that the car is really not "that comfortable" and that last year I drove to and from the event in what could best be described as apocalyptic "end of days" rain. I'm slowly chipping away at her exceptions and would expect both of us to attend.

- Geary

Chip, chip, chipping away

weaver
February 27th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I'm predicting no rain this year!

pgermond
February 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I'm predicting no rain this year!

You know the saying............. "Make plans, and God smiles."

Aggressor
February 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Alan,

With your No Rain prediction count us in. Sharon's riding along with me.

-Geary

WYT VNM
March 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I think we will make it this year. Is that juke joint still across the street from the shop? I feel like pole dancing again !

weaver
March 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Its now a hip hop joint, you might not be welcome in there ;)

weaver
March 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Phil aren't you about ready for your moonshine fix, Will can hook you up!

pgermond
March 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Phil aren't you about ready for your moonshine fix, Will can hook you up!

Way, wa-a-ay overdue. For a moment I considered flying back for this one, but my wife is retiring in May and she has made other travel plans, which precludes my attendance :(

I'm sure this time it will be one to remember. I'm disappointed, but you know how it goes.

eliminator
March 5th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Planning on it this year.

dmswann
March 6th, 2013, 05:17 AM
You guys made me feel guilty because I probably forgot to contribute a year or two in the past, so I contributed again this morning. We have to keep the forum alive and well!

Somehow my fingers hit the wrong key(s).....this post was suppose to go in the Fundraiser request. Oh well, at least I'm willing to admit my mistakes!

weaver
March 6th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Rick are you bringing the twins?

theboppshop
March 11th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I'm planning on attending this for the first time. Just myself, as Dona doesn't do Cobra!

Garry Bopp

weaver
March 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Great Garry, did you retire?

theboppshop
March 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I won't be retiring for another 18 months (age 65 mandatory for airline pilots). I really wanted to make this Homecoming. In fact, I cancelled a trip to join the Utah Cobra Club for their annual cruise. I cruised with them last year in my Daytona Coupe. I'm really looking forward to this event.

Garry

beast
March 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Registration in the mail.....Renee and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.:D Gary

weaver
March 12th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Got it Gary!!

weaver
March 31st, 2013, 04:02 PM
The dead line to enter is Monday, if you plan to attend we need to know asap so we can order t shirts.

Alan

dmswann
April 3rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
ONLY 37 days until the 20th Annual UNIQUE Motorcars Homecoming. It is a great time for socializing, bench racing, story stretching, food, fun and a great cruise. Last year's cruise, led by Zack Butterworth, from Gadsden to Cade's Cove was outstanding.....Zack even provided maps. Alan arranged for lunch at the Gridiron in Centre where the food and service were both great. SO don't wait too long to get your registration in join in on the fellowship and fun!

Slither
April 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Hoo Ha! Gadsden or bust:3g:... wish the car was done. Course,... I would have to work on it for that to happen:p.

James and I plan to head down. I'll call and touch bases tomorrow, Alan.

JeepSnake
April 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Talked with Maurice several weeks ago, and Alan earlier this week about the cruise. I'd been looking for something different, but... everyone we've been in contact with wants to go to Cave Springs again. So, that's the plan! We're going to plan on eating lunch a little later (at the Gridiron in Centre) so that folks have more time to spend exploring Cave Springs.

Like last year, I'll have route notes & map for everyone. Just got to go do a pre-ride of the route to make sure we're clear of any construction, etc.

See y'all next month!!!

weaver
May 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
I wanted to let those of you who stay at the Hampton Inn know that Susan's Barklays husband passed away yesterday morning, his name is Mark and he has been battling cancer for several months. She has always treated us and our customers like family so I thought you guys would want to know.

Alan

Slither
May 5th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I was just checking on the long range forecast, and noticed there is a 50% chance of boomers on Saturday next... not that it is very accurate this far out, but it made me think of a question for the gang. Is the schedule sacrosanct, or should we consider it flexible such that, if it looks like rain on Saturday the cruise happens Friday instead, leaving the shop day for the rain date[thumb]? This flexibility would allow it all to happen, even on the outside chance of inclement weather... and no, I'm NOT jinxing it:cool:!

weaver
May 11th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Day 2 of Homecoming and not a drop of rain!

pbrown
May 11th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Pictures please.

pgermond
May 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah..... where are the photos and comments/stories of Homecoming?

weaver
May 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Between loading the trailer for Carlisle and getting the shop back into working mode I haven't had time to post Homecoming pictures but I will as soon as I have time. The turnout was very good and it didn't rain on Friday or Saturday until we came back from the cruise, the food was great and our customers had a good time, what else can you ask for!!!

dmswann
May 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Homecoming was GREAT! Top of the River was good as always, big crowd at shop on Friday, good bar-b-que at "Dads" that night followed by a great drive to Cave Springs, GA (led by Zack "the weather beater" Butterworth on Saturday followed by lunch in Centre, AL and Villa Fiesta that night. Who said we don't drive to eat?

Everyone got to meet future family members, Megan's fiancé John Player and Jerrod's fiancé Lidi who both did a great job of fielding hundreds of questions.

We all voted that even if the Weavers could not sponsor an annual homecoming, that several owners would. This is too great a group of people to not see at least annually.

Thanks to all the Weaver family for organizing and hosting a great weekend!

juanone
May 20th, 2013, 06:14 PM
For the life of me, I cannot understand how such an important yearly event gets so little response after the event. No stories, no photos, is that what is going to keep this forum going? Come on guys, you owe more than that to the Weavers.

pbrown
May 20th, 2013, 09:47 PM
^^^ What he said.

I'm sure you all have cameras on your phones. Come on guys.

weaver
May 21st, 2013, 05:42 AM
I've been waiting for Pat Quattro to post some pics, he was our unofficial photographer, I will call him today and ask him to post. I have a hard time figuring out how to add a picture and I have just about used all my file space. My wife will upload pics on our facebbok page as soon as school is out, the last week of school is very hectic.

beast
May 21st, 2013, 07:16 AM

Ditto on comments by Dennis! Renee and I had a GREAT time, but unfortunately had to leave Saturday due to my back problem. Doctor confirmed a ruptured disk and surgery is scheduled for this Thursday. I attached a few pics. Gary

weaver
May 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks gary, how's your back?

beast
May 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks gary, how's your back? Taking meds for pain, and experiencing an extremely weak right hand. Should feel much better after surgery to relieve pressure on the nerves. Thanks, Gary

dmswann
May 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
Gary.....please keep us posted on how the surgery goes. We'll be praying it is a complete success.

pbrown
May 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
I have just about used all my file space.

I just changed the attachment limit. Everyone is now set to unlimited.

weaver
May 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks Patrick, I will have my wife upload some pics she took.

beast
May 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Gary.....please keep us posted on how the surgery goes. We'll be praying it is a complete success.
Surgery went well. Arm and hand still weak. Start physical therapy next week. Should be good as new in a few weeks. Thanks to all for checking on me. Gary

Slither
May 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Nice to chat today, Gary. Glad to hear you are doing well! Tell Rene to make sure you take it easy;). Hope to see you in July...

dmswann
May 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
OK all you great photographers.....where are those pictures!

I quit taking pictures after my first visit to the Grand Canyon (1976). I must have taken 500 pictures only to realize when I had them developed that it can't be captured in pictures. Therefore, I rely on others to capture events in pictures!

eliminator
May 31st, 2013, 06:58 AM
This video is at the Falls getting ready for the Saturday Cruise
http://youtu.be/gVwbK9YsVm4

ralphscott
May 31st, 2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks Rick for the posting Hope all is well with you and yours.

eliminator
May 31st, 2013, 08:02 AM
Ralph, we are doing good, tell Gayle Hi!!
Missed you folks.

eliminator
May 31st, 2013, 08:05 AM
This was taken a Homecoming on Friday, Open House
Will have more of the Car Later but for now "The Heart of the Beast"

http://youtu.be/TtUMrNjIin4

pgermond
May 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Nice videos, Rick. Thanks for posting.

Slither
May 31st, 2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks Rick! That is a nice start...

PhillipM
June 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Here are a few pics from Homecoming. In some of the photos it looks like rain but not a drop. Good time by all and nice driving weather.

Aggressor
July 4th, 2013, 03:28 PM
A few more photos of Homecoming. It seems that Sharon had taken a few at Gadsden.

Included are a couple of through the windshield shots on the way to Homecoming. They
may be of interest as they give an idea how large the hood scoop appears while seated in the car.

Also a couple of images from The Rocket City Mustang Club 2013 event in Huntsville.

The last view is time and light distortion while accelerating at speeds approaching the speed of light.
(A rather difficult image to capture on conventional cameras) - Sharon looking over my shoulder just
commented on my extraordinary BS ability.

-Geary

Slither
July 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
The last view is time and light distortion while accelerating at speeds approaching the speed of light.
(A rather difficult image to capture on conventional cameras) - Sharon looking over my shoulder just
commented on my extraordinary BS ability.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3196&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1372976768 (http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3196&d=1372976768)

-Geary

OK Geary, that explains the last photo... but how do you explain the shot in the Gridiron restaurant?

Unbeknownst to one of the Weaver girls, Geary had set up his specialized instrumentation specifically to expose her deepest, darkest secret; that she is actually a Siamese twin. She didn't realize that her secret was noticeable with specialized camera equipment like Geary's, having gone undetected for years, so she hadn't...

Either that or Jarrod's lady is a major air-head:eek:, again only detectable with special instrumentation like yours, Geary... ;)

Say Geary, you might have happened on a major scientific breakthrough and a new career, there[thumb]! The detection of...

So how do you do that:confused::confused:...

:):)

Aggressor
July 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM
This, alas, I cannot discuss with mere mortals at this time. "Well, be that as it may. I, your Wizard, par adua outer,
am about to embark on a hazardous and technically unexplainable journey into the outer stratosphere.
To confer, converse and otherwise hob-nob with my brother wizards. And I hereby decree that until what time,
if any, that I return, the Scarecrow by virtue of his highly superior brains, shall rule Homecoming in my stead, assisted by the Tin Man,
by virtue of his magnificent heart, and the Lion by virtue of his courage! Obey them as you would me.
Thank You."

-Aggressor

Slither
July 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Well... OK. I guess you had to become a wizard to be able to see over that hood scoop, anyway...;)