PDA

View Full Version : Remote Reservoirs

sllib
January 4th, 2019, 06:55 AM
I have the standard Wilwood master cylinders that came with my car but I would like to move the reservoirs over to the LS fender to avoid the mess involved with bleeding and filling the old ones.(whew!) Anyway, is there a trick way to do this without going to the "remote master cylinder" and remote kit that Wilwood sells? I can fab all the hoses I would need but coming out of the old reservoir without looking like crap is the problem. Thanks in advance.
Bill

pgermond
January 6th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I understand what you are saying, and a remote reservoir would be a good solution. However, I'm using a funnel with a flexible end that does the trick. That and a rag under the m/c makes it a lot easier.

https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-garage-tools/funnel/flotool-transmission-funnel/557785_0_0?cmpid=PLA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:AFR:17000 00862&gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGicUD10dSsV8POmywEjS koM_drSzEDCSqm1iKmiGpIizryMTndfNqwcaAt0lEALw_wcB

sllib
January 7th, 2019, 06:03 AM
Right now I'm using a old hypoid oil squirt bottle with a hose attached, but brake fluid and paint don't get along well and I figure it's just a matter of time before I get bit. I've even considered drilling and tapping the old masters and running a hose up to a remote but right now I'm open to suggestions.
Bill