PDA

View Full Version : Forum Status

pgermond
July 18th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Is this forum up and running and still active?

Stan
July 18th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Phil:

It seems to be OK.

Stan

pgermond
July 19th, 2019, 08:01 PM
No Gallery

pbrown
July 21st, 2019, 06:19 PM
The Forum is still alive. I'd like to see more activity. I need to do some site cleanup and all an SSL cert. I'm also having issues with GoDaddy hosting. This is why the date sometime shows the past.

The gallery is gone. The company that produced that product is no longer updating and supporting it.

--Patrick

Slither
July 28th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Does the current platform have any gallery capabilities, Patrick?

pbrown
July 30th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Does the current platform have any gallery capabilities, Patrick?

There is an album feature. Go to Albums under the Community menu.

There is also a way to create photo specific forums. I've not looked into this yet.

Slither
August 1st, 2019, 09:00 PM
What ever happened to the home page? I cannot seem to find it anymore... clicking on the logo takes me to the forum list.

pgermond
August 1st, 2019, 09:08 PM
I noticed that as well. It's a shell of what it use to be. The Gallery was extremely helpful when trying to show examples or explain some thing. A picture is worth a thousand words...........

I don't see anyone else chiming in here, Paul. Just you and me. Maybe no one is building anymore, just buying rollers and completed cars.

pbrown
August 2nd, 2019, 07:17 PM
Look at the 'Community' menu above. There is an album link for sharing photos. The old photo gallery system no longer supported. The vendor just shut down without notice.

The new forum software version has a CMS (Content Management System) built in. I didn't install it. We would need someone writing content for it. I don't see that happening with the low traffic we have. I can install it if someone wants to volunteer to write content.

pgermond
August 2nd, 2019, 07:34 PM
Thanks, Patrick I (we) appreciate all you have done.

Slither
August 2nd, 2019, 09:26 PM
Well, Phil, it just so happens that, after all these years, I am starting my build! The car is back at Unique and we are starting the process. Patrick will be setting up a forum for me, shortly. I only have a few photos so far, but hope to have more before too long. It will be a tribute to Lew Florence, Jamie Bargelt, and CSX2459...

Slither
August 2nd, 2019, 09:34 PM
Look at the 'Community' menu above. There is an album link for sharing photos. The old photo gallery system no longer supported. The vendor just shut down without notice.

The new forum software version has a CMS (Content Management System) built in. I didn't install it. We would need someone writing content for it. I don't see that happening with the low traffic we have. I can install it if someone wants to volunteer to write content.

Perhaps there is an alternative photo gallery product available. If so, is the old content recoverable? Do you still have the old content? Oh, and what about the homepage, Patrick?

pbrown
August 2nd, 2019, 10:57 PM
There is this gallery. https://coppermine-gallery.net/ I don't know anything about it. I have all the old photos and can probably import them. I'll do some research.

pbrown
August 2nd, 2019, 11:02 PM
Here is what the CMS system looks like.

https://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/content.php

This is the same forum software but with CMS and Blogs. The front page is the CMS system. We would need some content. This would be a good place to display photos, video, featured builds etc. I'll build whatever you guys want as long and you create content.

pgermond
August 3rd, 2019, 08:54 AM
Well, Phil, it just so happens that, after all these years, I am starting my build! The car is back at Unique and we are starting the process. Patrick will be setting up a forum for me, shortly. I only have a few photos so far, but hope to have more before too long. It will be a tribute to Lew Florence, Jamie Bargelt, and CSX2459...

WOW! That is exciting. Look forward to following your progress.

Slither
August 8th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Please bring back the homepage when you get a chance, Patrick.

pbrown
August 8th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Please bring back the homepage when you get a chance, Patrick.

I'll work on that.

Slither
August 9th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Awesome! Thank you, Patrick.

beast
September 4th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Glad you are getting started with the build. Post some pics when you can!

weaver
September 10th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Glad you are getting started with the build. Post some pics when you can!

We have Slithers car in primer waiting on a color sample, should have paint on it in a few weeks.

pgermond
September 10th, 2019, 08:14 AM
We have Slithers car in primer waiting on a color sample, should have paint on it in a few weeks.

photos when it's painted, please.

beast
September 10th, 2019, 08:20 AM

Cool! Glad to hear it's coming together. Who's building the 289?

Slither
September 12th, 2019, 07:42 PM

Yah, if he could ever make up his mind!:confused::eek: ;)

Slither
September 12th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Cool! Glad to hear it's coming together. Who's building the 289?

Too soon to tell, Gary... will need to save up a bunch more stamps for that one!
T

Slither
September 12th, 2019, 07:46 PM
photos when it's painted, please.

Still working on my first post for the forum, Phil... hope to get it by this weekend.