PDA

View Full Version : Master of Disaster

Master
November 8th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Hey everyone,

I have not visited in quite awhile and thought I would fill you in on the winter project. While taking a spirited ride on the interstate "long straightaway" I snapped the crank and wiped out the engine Sooooo it looks like a new engine is in my future. Looking at building a 427 aluminum stroker. for those who already have this setup what if anything would you do different. All input welcome!

Scott

Slither
November 26th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Wow, Scott, loooooong time! Ouch, that broken crank's gotta hurt! Hopefully it didn't lock up. Did it break the block?

Al slide did an aluminum 427 a while back. The thing is an absolute beast! I think Robert Pond built it for him. I can reach out to him if you do not have his contact info. I don't think many of the guys come around here much, anymore. Mostly visitors...

Slither
January 11th, 2023, 12:12 AM
Arby,

I believe that you intended to reply to Scott, who started the thread. He is the one who needs to rebuild the engine. See if you can reach out to the forum's webmaster, Patrick, about not being able to post. I am sure he can help you out!

Slither
January 15th, 2023, 10:10 AM
OK, Arby,

I sent a PM to Patrick, (pbrown), on your behalf. Hopefully, he can get your account squared away so you can post!

Slither
January 15th, 2023, 05:48 PM
Arby,

Patrick has fixed your issue. Please try to post.

Arby
January 15th, 2023, 08:45 PM
All is good. Thanks for all the help.
Hello everyone!

Slither
January 16th, 2023, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the thread, Arby. You had a message for Scott?

Arby
January 20th, 2023, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the thread, Arby. You had a message for Scott?

I sent it in a PM. I copied and pasted the one I sent you about my cast iron Robert Pond block and the build specs of my new motor.

Slither
January 25th, 2023, 09:25 PM
That sounds great! Scott has not been back to the site, though... hope he is doing ok!

Arby
January 28th, 2023, 11:09 PM
That sounds great! Scott has not been back to the site, though... hope he is doing ok!

Yeah, me too. No sign of him since.

I can't wait until spring! I'm ready to get this thing out and drive.

Slither
February 2nd, 2023, 09:08 PM
I hear ya! I am working on the temporary engine, so I can get mine on the road. Made the mistake of getting a '94 roller block with the short water pump... a real pain in the tail relocating the alternator. Nobody makes a relocation bracket for the 94-95 5.0 motors!