Thread: Think twice before auctioning off your car!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Think twice before auctioning off your car!

Well, I am so sorry to say, the gentleman I sold my Unique 289 to in NJ had to part with the car quickly, I mean quickly, sighhhh....

Had the car auctioned off at the Mecum 2010 in Indianapolis yesterday....terrible, terrible results.

I sold him the car for $67,500 in 2008. The car went off at the auction for, are you ready for this? $38,500. All the sweat and tears that went into this car. Goes to show you that if you put all the love and care in these cars only you will appreciate it, the auction totally ripped this one apart. What a shame. Almost $30,000 less than what he paid for the car in 2008. Makes me sick...ugh.

Load up the car of your dreams with all the goodies you want, just know that the expected return if you sell the car off at auction may turn out to be the dismal Mecum fiasco you see here. Enjoy your car with all the bells and whistles just don't sell your Unique at auction, you will be sorry.

Boy, am I ever sorry I sold this car and then turn out like this. I hope who ever bought it realizes how special it is. The price does not reflect it.

Last edited by juanone; February 7th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.